SPECIAL CLASS for “Parenting with Love & Logic” ALUMNI
Open only to students who have completed Parenting with Love and Logic training
Did you get a taste of L&L and still feel like you are swimming up stream? Need more ways to practice with a supportive environment? Do you feel like going brain dead just isn’t in your vocabulary yet?
In this 6 week Advanced L&L class designed for parents of school age children through high school we delve a bit deeper into parenting issues and how to improve our “experiments” with our kids.
Using the book by Charles Fey , From Bad Grades to a Great Life! Unlocking the Mystery of Achievement for Your Child, we will cover topics like:
· Definition of Success – what is it we are looking for?
· Respect and Politeness – how do we get there?
· Chores – how do we get them done?
· Gifts – do our children have any natural talents? How to we promote them?
· Stuff – do our kids have too much stuff? How can we deal with “stuff”?
· Motivation – what do we do when our children are unmotivated?
· World Views – how can we help our kids make a difference in the world?
· Loving – can we learn to love our children for who they are?
In addition we will cover the following topics:
· Technology & Kids – how to tame the beast
· Budgeting and Money – how to teach your kids about money in a real life manner
While learning and discussing the above topics we will weave in the use of the standard L&L practices -- going brain dead, problem solving, choices, affordable mistakes and more.